We have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Manager to lead our friendly, motivated teams within our Cedar and Beechwood services (Chesterfield). This isn’t just a job; this is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
At Milewood, we are dedicated to delivering the kind of support we would want both for ourselves and our loved ones.
As an established provider of forward thinking living services for adults with disabilities in England, we have over 45 homes throughout the UK, Many are traditional buildings and they are all located in suburban areas, close to community services.
Our approach focuses on seeing care from the resident’s perspective, enabling them to access the choices and rights they deserve and promoting independence within an inclusive community.
Both Cedar Lodge and Beechwood House are 10 bedded residential services for people with a learning disability, Autism or a mental health diagnosis. Both services are rated “Good” by CQC and are within walking distance of each other to make oversight of both achievable day to day. The services benefit from good access to local communities, strong working relationships with other agencies and homely environments.
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Hours per week: 40 hours per week, must be flexible to service needs and therefore live in easy commuting distance
Experience: The ideal candidate for this post will hold a Level 5 NVQ or be working towards and be a car driver. Experience in a management or a deputy position with experience in completing audits, staff supervision/appraisal and HR processes such as recruitment, absence management and rota generation are essential. Applicant must be confident with MCA and DOLs.
· Competitive Annual Leave – increases with length of service up to an extra week
· Lifestyle savings – From supermarkets and high street shopping, to utility bills and retailers in your local community
· Pension Scheme – auto-enrolment in a pension scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme -accessible 24/7 for your needs
· 24/7 Access to a GP and face to face counselling
· Access to a discounted Health Cash Plan
· Mental Health Support through Able Futures
· Other comprehensive wellbeing support such as self-help books and wellbeing tools
· Employee Referral Scheme
· Extensive induction and training programm
· Clear progression support through funded qualifications and apprenticeships
· Partnership with NEFirst credit union to support with financial wellbeing
· Paid DBS
· Plus many other things and more to come
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and inclusion within our workplace. We are committed to developing a workplace where staff are treated with dignity and respect. We welcome and encourage interaction and enquiries from everyone, regardless of gender, race, age, marital status, religion or belief, disability or sexual orientation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any further details or to provide feedback about our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion principles